Miami Probate and Trust Administration Lawyers
For a family grieving the loss of a loved one, having to simultaneously deal with the difficulties of administering the loved one’s estate can be a trying and frustrating experience.
Miami Probate and Trust Administration Attorneys
At Cohen, Chase, Hoffman & Schimmel, P.A., we regularly provide personalized legal assistance to personal representatives (executors), trustees and beneficiaries in all aspects of estate and trust administration. We assist personal representatives in probate administration, providing experienced guidance through the probate process.
We have particular experience assisting estates and trusts with family-owned business interests, real estate and assets located in other states or outside the United States. We can assist in ancillary probate administration for the condominiums and other real estate owned by decedents who were resident in another state or country but died owning property in Florida.
Broward County Will and Trust Attorneys
With great care and experience, we advise trustees as to their fiduciary duties and assist them in administering trusts consistent with their fiduciary obligations to the beneficiaries. We have represented numerous estates and trusts in connection with IRS audit matters.
Our most common services include:
- Probate administration on behalf of the personal representative of Florida estates
- Ancillary administration for Florida real estate of nonresident decedents
- Representing beneficiaries of an estate or trust
- Preparing fiduciary accountings
- Preparing federal estate tax returns (including returns for non-U.S. residents)
- Representing trustees in properly administering trusts on behalf of the beneficiaries
- Advising trustees as to their fiduciary obligations
- Representing estates and trusts in IRS audits and appeals
- Filing claims against estates on behalf of creditors or beneficiaries
- Post- mortem tax planning