Miami Business Entities Lawyers
In addition to assisting clients who are starting new businesses, the lawyers at Cohen, Chase, Hoffman & Schimmel, P.A., also work with entrepreneurs and professionals who have existing businesses with corporate, tax and succession needs requiring the experience of our attorneys.
Miami Business Entities Attorneys
Existing businesses call upon us for specific matters such as federal income tax planning and controversies, admitting new owners or hiring key employees, re-structuring ownership, and forming subsidiaries or affiliates for real estate holdings. In other situations, we are engaged to act as general business and tax counsel for the business and its owners.
The South Florida attorneys at Cohen, Chase, Hoffman & Schimmel, P.A., have the experience and ability to assist closely held businesses of all kinds in dealing with the needs of the business throughout its life cycle. Following are several of the areas in which we frequently assist such ongoing businesses:
- Review the business’s existing ownership agreement (e.g., shareholders’ agreement, buy-sell agreement, partnership agreement or operating agreement) for tax and business efficacy, and recommend changes or restructuring
- Review existing employment agreements and recommend changes or restructuring
- Advise the business as to the most tax-efficient method for admitting new owners or for dealing with the retirement or termination of current owners
- Advise and handle mergers with and acquisitions of other companies to grow the business
- Advise in connection with the sale, divestiture or liquidation of a part or all of the business
- Review leases (real estate and equipment) and other normal business contracts
- Advise regarding joint venture opportunities
- Structure allocations of income/loss and distribution of cash flow from non-corporate entities to satisfying investor objectives and conform to federal tax law